Remember when everyone was writing their “25 Random Things” lists on facebook? Believe or not, it’s been 2 years since that became such a big thing that news outlets devoted coverage to the phenomena which I think means it’s time to take a look back and see what’s changed, what’s the same and maybe what we wish we hadn’t said. I invite you to share your “25 Random Things” list in the comments below. If you are a blogger, this is an easy blog post – link back here or put a link in the comments below.
Here’s my list from January 17, 2009:
1. I always put the toilet lid down before flushing. You should to.
2. For several years when I was little my dad owned a small Cessna airplane. Except for my dad’s airplane, I have not flown since I was 3.
3. I am very funny. Sometimes other people even agree with me.
4. I am often stunned at how beautiful, smart and funny my little girls are.
5. I’m not entirely sure what my natural hair color is.
6. I have a spiritual director I meet with once a month.
7. I will be putting pictures of the plants I start from seed and grow under lights up on facebook all spring. They make me very, very happy.
8. I’m not a very good gardener. But I am sure that in 10 years I will be.
9. I did prison ministry in college.
10. I am taking the test to join Mensa next Saturday.
11. I’ve never met anyone I like (and sometimes hated) as much as my husband.
12. I enjoy reading stories about people’s near-death experiences.
13. I had my first alcoholic drink the fall after I turned 20.
14. I am currently writing my spiritual memoir and I’m very happy with how it’s going. (Please send any writer’s agents you may know my way!)
15. Two of the guys I dated in college broke up with me because they said I was intimidating.
16. The national anthem and soldiers in uniform make me cry. I don’t really know why.
17. My new year’s resolution for 2009 is to do things that happy people do.
18. I tend to be overly self-critical, but I am extremely accepting of everyone else.
19. I pray in the car and while cleaning.
20. I have an excellent sense of direction.
21. Being a mother was the first thing I ever did that I didn’t feel insecure about.
22. I started using anti-wrinkle cream a couple of months ago.
23. I try not to let myself cry very often because once I do, it’s extraordinarily difficult for me to stop.
24. My life’s ambition is to be a public speaker.
25. I’d love to tell you all about me, but I’m afraid you don’t want to hear about it.
How about yours? Share! BTW, have you “Liked” The Upside Down World on Facebook yet? Do it by midnight tonight and you can enter to win a signed copy of John Eldredge’s book Beautiful Outlaw.