From Parenting Magazing – 7 Discipline Mistakes All Moms [And Dads!] Make:
1. We’re too negative.
2. We expect too much from our kids.
3. We model behavior we don’t want to see.
4. We intervene when our kids simply annoy us.
5. We’re all talk and no action.
6. We use time-out ineffectively.
7. We assume what works for one kid will work for another.
All true and I think it comes down to having enough empathy for our kids to recognize and respond to what things look like from your kid’s perspective.
Read it and pass it on!